Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing A Carpet Cleaner
There are many carpet cleaners that are offering you their services. But in order to really get the best out of your carpet cleaning you have to know how you can identify the best. Over the next 2 post I will share with you 6 mistakes that you should avoid when choosing a carpet cleaner.
1. Choosing a carpet cleaners based on equipment alone.
- Along with good equipment you need someone that is properly trained and skilled at operating the equipment. The best way to know that the carpet cleaner’s technicians have been properly trained is to make sure that the cleaner has been certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Before you choose a carpet cleaner, ask to see written proof of the company’s and the technicians IICRC certification.
2. Choosing a carpet based on low price
- The lowest price could be problem in three ways. First, it could be a bait and switch scheme. Once the cleaner gets to your home he changes the price. Second, the low price can be for a single-process cleaning. Rarely, does the consumer know what this means, and when told they ask for a dual-process cleaning instead, which cost much more. Third, low price means that the carpet cleaner has cheap equipment and is not certified.
3. Choosing a carpet cleaner based on a single telephone call.
- Invite them to your home and ask for a specific written quotation.
In my next post I will talk about more mistakes smart people make when choosing a carpet cleaner.